Mark Twain Behavioral Health is seeking a full-time COMMUNITY SUPPORT SPECIALIST for our adult team in our HANNIBAL MISSOURI-FORREST DRIVE location. Consider joining our MTBH Team! This full-time position offers competitive pay and full benefits. We offer a supportive culture of appreciation and a strong emphasis on the health and wellbeing of our team.
- Teach community living skills
- Arrange and participate in multi-disciplinary team meetings on behalf of assigned clients
- Provide linkages so clients can effectively utilize community resources and assist in obtaining a community support system unique to the client
- Arrange for medical, psychiatric, and other tests and examinations that may disclose causes of difficulties and indicate remedial measures
- Provide transportation to and from CPR services when necessary
- Provide supportive services to facilitate client growth and movement toward independence in the least restrictive environment
- Coordinate service delivery with appropriate agencies
- Monitor client participation and progress
- Maintain clinical records to comply with program standards and in accordance with agency policy
- Serve as client advocate as needed
- Contribute to the development of treatment planning
- Maintain contact with clients who are hospitalized
- Provide case management services to specified apartment clients as needed
- Complete required documentation in a timely fashion and assure all supporting documentation is present in each client file
- Represent MTBH in the community by attendance at local inter-agency teams as assigned
- Behave in a professional and courteous manner
- Adhere to client rights and confidentiality requirements
Adherence to the MTBH Ethical Code of Conduct and all policies is required.
Reliable transportation, current driver’s license, and willingness to travel are required.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Human Services field or four years of equivalent experience with consumers and their families receiving psychiatric, substance abuse, developmental disabilities services or Registered Nursing license with at least two years of full-time equivalent psychiatric experience
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and First Aid Certification (training provided upon hire as needed)
- Medication Aide, Level I Certification (training provided upon hire as needed)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Join Our Team
We offer benefit plans including health insurance with a company-paid premium for employee, Health Savings Account with annual employer contribution, 403b retirement plan with annual employer contribution, employee wellness program with financial support for a healthy lifestyle, an interest in work/life balance that includes generous amounts of paid time off plus 10 paid holidays each year, educational funds and time allowance for professional development, amazing teammates, a strong emphasis on health and wellbeing and positive work environment, celebrations of employee appreciation, focus on core company values of compassion, excellence, innovation, integrity, respect, teamwork, and wellness, with opportunities to contribute the lives of others and help people be well.
Apply online: Community Support Specialist - Adult
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Vice President of Specialized Community Services
Mark Twain Behavioral Health
154 Forrest Drive
Hannibal, MO 63401