Family Support Provider
Mark Twain Behavioral Health (MTBH) is a private not-for-profit Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic serving Northeast Missouri since 1975 with a wide variety of outpatient services. We strive to treat the whole person by promoting wellness as individuals work toward their personal goals of achieving a satisfying, productive and healthy lifestyle.
Mark Twain Behavioral Health is seeking a part-time Family Support Provider for our Kirksville, Missouri service area. Consider joining our MTBH Team! We offer a supportive culture of appreciation and a strong emphasis on the health and wellbeing of our team.
- Communicate with families to determine level of understanding of their child's diagnosis and situation and consider the five stages in the building resiliency process to work toward resiliency and development of family protective factors
- Engage the family to actively participate in the Family Support Team (FST) Meetings by helping them to predetermine their roles and the roles of natural supports they may have
- Advocate for the client and assist the client and family in the process of recovery and the power of resilience and provide hope that recovery is possible
- Assist the family in identifying their natural supports and investigate surrogate support possibilities as needed
- Assist the family in identifying their child's strengths and the strengths of the family
- Complete Family Support Provider training as required and approved by Supervisor
- Adhere to FSP Code of Ethics
- Atttend FST meetings and other meetings when necessary to support family and model good advocacy skills
- Maintain organized records and accurate progress notes with timely entry per agency policy
- Adhere to all client rights, including confidentiality
- Adherence to the MTBH Ethical Code of Conduct and all policies is required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Applicable training and testing as required by Department of Mental Health
- Certification as Family Support Provider is required
Apply online: Family Support Provider
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Vice President of Specialized Community Services
Mark Twain Behavioral Health
154 Forrest Drive
Hannibal, MO 63401